Sunday 9 September 2012

Doctor Who: Series 7 - Dinosaurs On A Spaceship

This was a great episode! It was a load of fun, with great characters, impressive dinosaurs and a wealth of a guest cast.
The guests included David Bradley, Rupert Graves, Riann Steele, David Mitchell and Robert Webb, who were all great. But I have to give most credit to Mark Williams as Rory's father Brian Williams, who I thought did a great job at showing Brian's relationship with Rory and I could tell that Mark and Arthur Darvill worked well together. Also I really liked the robot duo voiced by Mitchell and Webb and helped to supply a lot of the comedy as they would do. Graves and Steele were also very good as John Riddell and Queen Nefertiti, as they showed their developing and flirtatious relationship throughout the episode. I also like when Doctor Who takes people from history, such as Queen Nefertiti, who just seemed to vanish from the records and makes the Doctor the reason for their disappearance.

I liked the look of the dinosaurs and thought their place on the spaceship was well explained. I also thought that Bradley's portrayal of evil character Solomon allowed me to not fell sorry for his demise but to instead feel sympathy for the Doctor's enemies the Silurians as they were killed by Solomon and the robots, which happpened before the narrative of the episode started.

I think that the fact that this episode was such fun was important because of the echoes of the Pond's end that are appearing and it looks like a time gap between each episode in terms of Amy and Rory meeting the Doctor again is becoming part of these episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment